quarta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2011

One day DHL will learn from FEDEX


By Paulo Camurugi

In my first article on this blog, I made a rant about the treatment that DHL and the IRS gave to me when they retained in Customs business cards that the company I represent in Brazil sent me from the U.S.
What bothered me most was that, besides DHL had only informed me of the delay by email (where they just reported the English expression Clearance Day), they did not tell me the reason why the Customs retained the goods.

Now I write this blog again, once more uncovering myself.  It is a terrible thing for customers to be so despised by a company as big as DHL. The least they should have done was call me and help me to resolve the matter, or guide me more about what I should do.
Moreover, the IRS also contributed to this bizarre act, since they could have sent a summons for me to explain more about the contents of the small box, or they could have opened it in order to check its content.  But they should never have acted as they did.
Do you want to know the whereabouts of the cards? I honestly do not know. It is almost two months that the cards were dispatched, and even to the moment I did not get them yet. And to worsen the side of DHL, not even  e-mails in English they are sending me anymore. It may be that they are somewhat embarrassed, or have forgotten me!
Now let's talk of a good example. At the end of the year, one partner sent me from Hong Kong some DVD samples.  To my surprise, two days after submission a FedEx employee called me to inform that my goods had arrived and to know if there would be someone at home to receive them. They not only sent an email warning, but as it was on a holiday, they made several attempts on fixed and cell phone till they contacted me.
Now I wonder: is it worthwhile to outsource the service to a computer customer service, especially when dealing with a subject this serious?
 Worse, I sent the previous article to them and they did not comment a word. Do not they know the power of "mouth to mouth" marketing? But as I'm patient, I'll send them this article as well.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário